Spring is nice for many reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your energy bill is commonly at its lowest. That’s because you’re not turning to your heater or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to climb, so do your energy costs. Here are some suggestions for saving energy in Shreveport and keeping costs less expensive.
1. Call for Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance visit can help it work more efficiently and cut down costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep utility costs low.
If your HVAC equipment has experienced better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in updated AC systems is a definite plus in keeping your energy bill down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on home comfort charges. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Focusing on how to effectively schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to reduce energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the less significant the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the cheaper your energy cost will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or turn it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Try Other Methods to Cool Your Home
You can take advantage of a couple other things to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise during the summer, which forces cool air upward. This disperses cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your house more comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny rooms.
4. Look Into Using a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and suddenly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your habits and correct the temp when you’re out and about to help you save on your bills. You can also set the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These expert ideas will all help keep summer energy costs low. If you conclude it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 318-588-8163 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the best fit for your house. And as always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.