Spring is nice for more than a few reasons: flowers bloom, you can crack windows for fresh air and your utility bill is commonly at its lowest. That’s because you’re not turning on your heater or air.
But as temps begin to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are a few tips for saving energy in Shreveport and keeping costs less expensive.
1. Call for Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it work more efficiently and trim costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep energy costs low.
If your cooling equipment has experienced better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in updated AC systems is a definite plus in keeping your energy charges down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling charges. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Focusing on how to effectively schedule your thermostat is the best way to reduce energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the smaller the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the cheaper your air conditioning expense will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or shut it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can try a few other things to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise during the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This disperses cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your house cooler by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny areas.
4. Look Into Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and suddenly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats figure out your habits and correct the temp when you’re out and about to help you save on your bills. You can also set the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These expert tips will all help keep summer energy costs low. If you think it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 318-588-8163 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the best fit for your home. And like always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.