Planning routine AC maintenance is useful.
Checkups keep your air conditioner equipment in Shreveport operating at peak performance while keeping utility consumption small. It also can even help prolong its life expectancy.
While there are several jobs you can finish by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC inspections and upkeep.
Here are several steps you can take by yourself as you prep for warm weather.
Get Your AC Service Booked
Spring is a period of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a large amount of home, garage and yard freshening. With the warmer weather right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to add AC service on that checklist.
Spring is a great season to get your air conditioning system freshened and examined. Delaying to flip it on until the first hot day of the season can be a gamble. If you need service or installation, you could be waiting days for an appointment. And that could become awfully unbearable.
And for people with allergies, being well prepared with a fresh AC system will help assure the greatest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioner service could be required for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do Service Myself?
There are procedures that you can complete to help keep your air conditioning system in the prime state:
- Replace your air filter. Dirty filters block airflow and may decrease your system’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the kind you install, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is very important if you deal with allergies or have a cat in your house.
- Lawn work by the exterior condenser. Ensure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes close to your cooling equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of open area. You should also get rid of any leaves or sticks that have dropped into your system, as this can limit airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to do? If you get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 318-588-8163, the primary thing we could do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already finished. Then our Experts start the finer details. We’ll inspect your unit and make sure it’s running properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver reliable comfort.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working smoothly and potentially stay clear of issues.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-inducing mold and clogs.
- Straightening coil fins to stop limited airflow.
- Freshening the outside coil to get rid of any blockage from dust and vegetation.
- Checking controls to ensure your unit is starting, running and shutting down properly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to make sure your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find troubles that require additional service, we are prepared to provide you the most cost-effective choice. Uncovering potential troubles promptly can solve bigger issues later. This also gives you time to save if your system is getting outdated.
When you are looking for a new cooling system, our Experts will work with you to pick the ideal system for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment work for your budget. No matter what your cooling needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Prepared to schedule your checkup? Call us at 318-588-8163 or schedule an appointment online today.