Planning routine AC maintenance is useful.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioner unit in Shreveport running at peak performance while keeping utility needs small. It also can even help lengthen its life cycle.
While there are a couple things you can complete by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC inspections and upkeep.
Here are several steps you can take alone as you get ready for warm weather.
Get Your AC Service Set
Spring is a season of revival, and to many that involves a large portion of home, garage and yard freshening. With the warmer weather right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to add AC service on that checklist.
Spring is a great season to get your cooling system freshened and inspected. Delaying to flip it on until the first hot day of the season can be a gamble. If you need a fix or installation, you could be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that may become awfully unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being one step ahead with a fresh AC system will help assure the finest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioner upkeep might be mandatory for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do Maintenance Myself?
There are procedures that you can take to help keep your air conditioning system in the ultimate order:
- Replace your air filter recommends each month or two. This is particularly important if you suffer from allergies or have a cat in your residence.
- Lawn work by the outdoor condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes close to your cooling equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of open area. You should also get rid of any leaves or branches that have dropped into your system, since this might impede airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to do? If you ring Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 318-588-8163, the primary thing we could do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already finished. Then our Experts start the nuts and bolts. We’ll inspect your unit and make sure it’s running properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver reliable cooling.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working smoothly and potentially skip breakdowns.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-inducing mold and clogs.
- Straightening coil fins to stay clear of reduced airflow.
- Cleansing the outside coil to get rid of any accumulation from dust and vegetation.
- Inspecting controls to double check your equipment is starting, running and shutting down properly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to make sure your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find problems that require additional service, we are prepared to provide you the most cost-effective choice. Uncovering potential issues promptly can solve bigger troubles later. This also gives you time to save if your AC is getting outdated.
When you are looking for a new cooling system to help make your new unit work for your budget. Regardless of what your cooling needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Prepared to schedule your checkup? Contact us at 318-588-8163 or schedule an appointment online today.