There are tons of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Shreveport. But, there’s also that big list of must-do’s before the cold weather sets in. Although the outdoor yard work and home touchups are likely at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor task you should consider taking care of early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment scheduled.
The pros at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning recommend that furnace service and maintenance be completed at least annually in order to prevent a breakdown in the middle of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a number of benefits to getting it completed before the cold and crisp weather comes to Shreveport, too. Take a look at some of the top perks of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make sure that your furnace operates at its highest efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating costs.
- Ensures your furnace is in tip-top shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to handle whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Shreveport this season.
- Decreases the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to happen on a chilly winter day is have your furnace stop working, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to identify potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to make heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are critical to keeping your home safe through the winter.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to keep your warranty, so getting regular maintenance completed can save you money if bigger problems occur in the future.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a ton of additional bonuses, and getting furnace service done annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the winter and save you time later because you’re less likely to need extra service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Shreveport, give us a call at 318-588-8163 or schedule an appointment with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning through our online scheduler.