No matter what the temperature outside, the temperature in your space decides how comfortable you will feel. Find the right temp and your home will feel like a nice escape from the world. But if your HVAC system isn’t working the right way, you’ll notice. And it won’t be fun.
Take time to take an in-depth look at how you’re utilizing your home comfort system. It could be the difference between a steady system or a poor performer. Take this quick quiz from Service Experts to see how you stack up.
- Summer is coming up fast. How do you prepare your AC?
- Switch out the HVAC filter and clean the vents. Then it’s ready to go.
- Schedule an appointment with the Experts for a seasonal checkup.
- Nothing. It will be fine.
- You’re hosting a get-together on a summer night, but the AC isn’t cooling your space. What do you do?
- Instruct my guests to bring cool beverages.
- Book an emergency repair to get it functioning before people show up.
- Start my fans and hope for a strong breeze.
- Your current HVAC is aging. What’s your plan when it’s time for it to retire?
- Allow my contractor select one and finance it with a credit card.
- Get rid of worries and expenses by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Buy the fanciest system available.
- When you receive your next monthly energy bill, what do you think you’ll discover?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My heating and cooling costs have skyrocketed.
- It will be similar to the bill for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I see it. Some of them aren’t bad, but others are shocking.
- Your home comfort system is making a funny noise. What do you do first?
- Get my toolbox and kill a weekend struggling to fix it.
- Book a qualified technician to examine it.
- Forget about it and wait until it goes away.
Time to check your results. If you picked mostly Bs, your home comfort practices are on the money. You’re taking care of your system and you prepared a plan for down the road. But if you responded to any of these scenarios with As or Cs, you can make a number of changes to help your HVAC perform more effectively. Read below to learn how.
Improved HVAC Habits to Help Protect Your Home
Schedule Seasonal Maintenance While switching out your air filter and cleaning your vents are essential tasks to prep your equipment for a season change, a professional maintenance appointment is critical to conclude the process. During a maintenance visit, your professional technician will complete a series of tasks that maximize the energy efficiency of your system. And while they’re around the house, your HVAC professional will be on the lookout for more urgent headaches for your equipment. That could save you a pricey breakdown later in the season.
Select a home comfort company that offers emergency repairs. Even rigorously maintained home comfort systems can have problems occasionally. And it always seems to occur at the most inconvenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can fix the headache and trouble. The Service Experts Advantage Program provides that vital service to homes at no additional cost.
Make a plan for your HVAC system replacement. Many HVAC systems can operate for 10 to 15 years, but they won’t last forever. Make an idea of what you want now to bypass last-minute pressure when your machine takes its final bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It provides you a new high-efficiency heating and cooling system with no up-front expenses. And as an added bonus, the program comes with free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy bills and call us when they dramatically change. Your utility bills can show you more than your monthly costs. If you’re noticing a regular hike in your costs but no change in home comfort, something is probably occurring with your equipment. A new high-efficiency system can provide you peace of mind with more stable energy usage—and that means fewer unknown amounts on your bill.
Call in the pros when you detect a odd noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than irritating. It is telling you something is amiss with your HVAC. Even if it’s a seemingly small trouble, left without professional help it could make for an high-priced repair in the future. Don’t try to work on it yourself. Leave it to the pros to check out and repair it.
Your heating and cooling system can cost you big when you don’t treat it right. If you work with these tips, you could save time, money and irritation. And if your system just isn’t cutting it anymore, contemplate finding one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can find you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To discover more, give us a call or book an appointment online. We’re happy to help!