Building a new house? Upgrading your present equipment? Whatever the reason why you’re in the market for an air conditioner, you might shortly come to the conclusion that you have more alternatives than you originally thought. Go through this guide to help you weigh four different types so you can find the ideal air conditioner in Shreveport.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what the majority of people call to mind when they envision air conditioning for the whole residence. Central air conditioning moves air to every room through a system of ducts and registers.
This might be right for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You already have a furnace or air handler.
- You want quiet, convenient cooling.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In the summer, heat pumps run similar to central air conditioners. Some models can also offer heat in cold weather.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- Your home is in a location with mild weather during the winter.
- You’re looking for a lone piece of equipment for year-round heating and cooling, in lieu of a regular furnace and air conditioner.
- Your home doesn’t use (or you don’t desire) natural or propane gas.
- You’re looking for quiet, energy-efficient heating and cooling.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground under your feet stays at a stable 55 degrees throughout the year. A geothermal heat pump makes use of this continuous well of energy with underground loops for fantastic heating and cooling efficiency.
This could be good for you if:
- Your house utilizes ductwork.
- You’re looking for one piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have adequate land around your house for the underground loops.
This is an additional kind of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit hooks up with an indoor blower unit installed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t need any ductwork and keeps your windows protected.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your residence, or an immediate expansion to it, doesn’t have ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient approach for heating and cooling individual areas.
- You’re looking to get zoning for your home.
Still unsure which type of air conditioner you should purchase? Rely on the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for all things air conditioning! We can educate you on your options and help you pick the ideal one for your home. Please contact us estimate today.