Summer is typically a busy time of year for many folks in Shreveport. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long vacation or any number of other fun activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Shreveport heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Shreveport heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 318-588-8163 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is operating at its best in the Shreveport heat.
- Stay in air conditioned places as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a quick break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't think thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a breather as it may also be an early warning of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when scheduling outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Shreveport temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in hot temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than usual. It can help you cool down a tad faster so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.