Air conditioners don’t work forever, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are several things to consider, as well as the pluses of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we advise replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can probably wait.
- What model of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are swapping out their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and increases comfort by running at several speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the complete comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the correct amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. A modern air conditioner could require a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can figure out that static pressure of your system and give the right suggestion.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your budget if you install both systems together.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are correctly sized, there aren’t typically any major immediate drawbacks. A mismatched setup is typically temporary until the other system goes out. You can avoid the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these rewards:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything works at peak efficiency, making your home comfier and lowering your long-term utility expenses.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you get a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward a new furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both installed at once. And you might even qualify for an exclusive deal as you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We get the price of replacing your entire system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special discounts or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are taken care of!*
You can relax knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and ACE-certified to provide a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 318-588-8163 to get an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.