Air conditioners don’t work indefinitely, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Shreveport, you may be thinking—should you also book furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are a few things to consider, as well as the benefits of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, plan to replace it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can usually delay it.
- What model of air conditioner are you buying? A lot of homeowners are replacing their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and enhances comfort by running at several speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the complete comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your house comfy. A modern air conditioner could require a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can determine that static pressure of your system and give the right advice.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your budget if you get new systems together.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are adequately sized, there aren’t typically any major immediate consequences. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system goes out. You can avoid the band-aid repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll get these pluses:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at peak efficiency, making your home cozier and lowering your long-term heating and cooling bills.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you replace your AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have covered a modern furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed at the same time. And you might even be eligible for an exclusive deal as you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We know the price of replacing your entire system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special discounts or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are covered!*
You can relax knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done right the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 318-588-8163 to get an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.