Your heating and cooling system is essential to a comfortable home and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work hard in the background, heating, cooling, regulating the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Many homeowners take these features for granted until they’re forced to do without them. If your air conditioner has ever broken down on a scorching summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with emergency repairs, a spike in energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if there was a way to maintain a continuous supply of healthy, climate controlled air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like receiving an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should think about applying for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Participation takes the guessing out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to ask for tune-ups with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, but we highly recommend enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so it’s easy to forget about requesting furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, consider these benefits:
- Reveal small problems early on: Issues with your HVAC equipment tend to form little by little. When a technician examines the internal components once a year, it’s possible to pinpoint and fix smaller problems before they become big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of equipment failures: By tightening that loose fan belt and stabilizing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the risk of a mid-season breakdown diminishes.
- Lower repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable cost that minimizes the need for numerous major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that annual maintenance can enhance HVAC efficiency by close to 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Boost home comfort: When your heating and cooling system operates the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more balanced humidity in every room.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can live years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during every visit grants peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is performing as intended.
- Adhere to your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance so much that they necessitate yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty valid. Investing a little in upkeep now safeguards you from pricey repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can often count on same-day service—even on nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning on replacing your heating and cooling system? An HVAC maintenance plan gives you access to the quickest installs possible, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Routine maintenance reduces the need for repair service, but if your system needs some TLC, having an HVAC maintenance contract provides a 15% discount. You’ll also have access to 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are occasionally necessary, but they can get pricey fast. Luckily, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour visits.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you disappointed, your technician will return to make things right.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan provides and get in touch with our staff to help you figure out the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before signing up. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office today.