Stopping it from happening is the most crucial step. Taking correct safety precautions will reduce your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Shreveport.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours on in the restricted space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heaters. These things are safe when operated properly but can make carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, because it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a pro. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected correctly.
- Check gas appliances are running correctly, including your heater. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by scheduling regular furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.