What can be done to protect my home from carbon monoxide?

Stopping it from happening is the most crucial step. Taking appropriate safety precautions will reduce your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Shreveport.

Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:

  • Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours on in the restricted space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
  • Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These things are safe when run properly but can make carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
  • Don’t run a gas generator indoors, as it creates fumes.
  • Have your chimney examined by a pro. This confirms chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected correctly.
  • Verify gas appliances are working correctly, including your heating system. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by scheduling regular furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.