Stopping it from happening is the most crucial step. Taking appropriate safety precautions will reduce your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Shreveport.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours on in the restricted space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These things are safe when run properly but can make carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, as it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a pro. This confirms chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected correctly.
- Verify gas appliances are working correctly, including your heating system. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by scheduling regular furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.