Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Shreveport
You likely don’t think about your sump pump until you need it. Then you expect it’s running properly so your Shreveport basement doesn’t take on water.
Sump pumps can cease running for a couple of various reasons.
We’ve witnessed it all. If your pump isn’t working correctly, get in touch with the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to determine the problem.
We’ll take a look at your pump during our visit and give you preventive maintenance suggestions, so it won’t stop when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can stop running for several different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Irregular maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Frosted over or clogged discharge lines
- Age (average expectancy is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to ensure your sump pump is prepared for efficiency.
- Make sure the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is upright and not leaning to one side, since this can trigger the pump to not activate when needed.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to check the pump runs and removes the water rapidly.
- During arid forecasts, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Check the discharge pipe’s vent hole is free of obstructions.
Trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a type of security to shield your home from water damage, look to the professionals at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to verify yours is doing its job.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Give us a call at 318-588-8163 or request an appointment online.