When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is normally near the top of many people’s wants in Shreveport. A tankless water heater is a decent route for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for a later time, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which may save you a lot on energy bills. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use later on, you don’t have to pay for standby energy losses like you might with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continuous supply of hot water. They are small in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to run.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water moves through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element heats it. Then it goes to the tap, where you then have hot water. One caveat about tankless water heaters—particularly for bigger households—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be high enough to accommodate a handful of uses at once. One of our specialists will help you decide what your flow rate is and provide recommendations based on their knowledge.
Some people choose to install a separate tankless water heater that’s designated to a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, many households in the Shreveport area do just fine with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the benefits of having one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifecycle of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifecycle of a traditional tank heater.
- Most tankless units carry a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters rarely run out of hot water.
- You get higher energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient minus standby heat loss and only use the power they need to heat the amount of water needed at any time.
- Tankless models need much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be mounted on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be installed under cabinets or in a closet, closer to the point of use.
With tankless water heaters, you eliminate the probability of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater added to your Shreveport home. It’s a great energy-efficient choice for your home. We offer quality tankless hot water heater choices, knowledge and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 318-588-8163
or request an appointment with us online.